About Treatments: What to Expect
4. I then look at tongue and evaluate the nature of pulses in 6 positions/ 3 depths and ask more questions and confirm of findings.
5. Next I finalize and explain the preliminary diagnosis and the treatment plan objectives based on Traditional Chinese medicine theories, principles and patterns of imbalance. Often I precede the treatment with lifestyle, nutrition and herbal recommendations.
7. Then we pay for the current treatment and plan the frequency and number of next treatments. At this point I may also prescribe and/or recommend herbal formulas, diet and lifestyle practices, healing liniments or other products such as essential oils or flower essences.
The initial session is 1.5 hours with follow-up sessions lasting 1 hour each.
- For an acute injury, 2-3 times weekly for half-sessions for 4-5 sessions and then follow-ups until the issue is well on its way to being healed.
- For chronic conditions, for 4-5 treatments weekly and then pushing the frequency out to bi-weekly or monthly, depending on the response.
- Sometimes monthly treatments are warranted for long time for deep seated issues.
- Other issues can be cleared up within 6-10 treatments and only periodic "tune-ups" quarterly to semi-annually.